I'm hunting in a new area this year. I've been hunting in South Georgia and as thick as the "jungle" is around here you could probably kill deer with a hammer. I've invested in a new club this year in middle Georgia and there are a lot of clear cuts that are maybe 300 to 400 yards apart. The clear cuts are bottoms and are surrounded by ridges. You can easly sit on a ridge and see the deer in the clear cuts. Some shots may be out to 300 yards. I'm not real comfortable shooing further than that. I can't decide on what to use. I have a Rem. Model 7 in 7-08 shooting 130 grain Federals, Model 7 in .308, using 150 gr. Feds. and a Ruger Model 77 International in 243 shooting 100 gr Feds. Also I have a Model 600 Mohawk in .308 and a couple of Savage 99's in 308 and .300 Savage. In yall's opinion what would be the best for a 250 to 300 yard shot as far as trajectory and terminal killing power at those distances. I am most comfortable with the .243 having shot a couple of large does (170 lbs.) at about 250 yrds. with it a few years back. The bucks in this new area may range up to 200 lbs.