Gents, I teach social studies so I know that the project is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. lol

My dad passed away 10/01/21 (self-inflicted/alcoholism) and I am probating his estate in Walla Walla, WA. (I'm located in Anchorage, AK). My dad bought the plane in 1986 and I've flown in it. I helped him work on it when we disassembled it in 1988. Three divorces and three moves later, it's still a project! It's currently housed in my dad's climate controlled 60x40 shop.

-I have the log books from 1952-1985. (I believe the date plate is there, but I'll look & confirm when I go back down (Oct. 26).
-The fuselage has double sea plane doors, extended baggage and three notches of flaps (40°). It's stc'd for a 150 horse, but I only have the factory 108 horse engine. You can remove the rear seat and sleep in the plane.
-Wings have flaps and have been modified to carry 30 gallon tanks (vs stock/standard 19 gallons). Wings were recovered (1999? and may need to be recovered-again.)
-Have all the stits/dope.
-Cub tail
-I believe that it has cub landing gear as well.
-Wheels & skis.

Thus far I've only received an offer of $5k. Personally, I feel the paperwork/log books are worth that!

I have a time crunch as his house will go up for sale 11/01. Obviously I'd like to/have to sell it prior to new owners/buyers moving in.

My question-what is the FAIR market value of this project, based on it's location? Additionally, is there an aviation program (high school or college) down there where I could donate it versus taking it in the azz for $5k?

I believe it would be worth MORE if I got it to AK. I've considered buying a 20' enclosed trailer ($6-7 k down there) and driving it up behind my dad's 1995 2500 Silverado and selling the trailer and truck when I get home, however, I'm one of the great unwashed/Untouchables and cannot get into Canada or back into the greatest state in the Union, because of the bs vax paranoia/mandates.

Considered posting it on Fascistbook marketplace, but I don't know how to advertise it in Walla Walla and not Anchorage.

Comments & opinions welcomed. Sorry for the pics: 1. they suck 2. they're really small in order to post here.

Wook

PS: Can I sell the log books & paperwork separately?

FJB!!!

Attached Images
1 Log books.JPG (25.38 KB, 265 downloads)
2 fuselage.jpeg (31.38 KB, 277 downloads)
4 tail.jpeg (8.61 KB, 269 downloads)
3 tail etc.jpeg (13.73 KB, 263 downloads)
Last edited by Wook; 10/17/21.