I suggest you think about how you will use this gun. I use mine for deer hunting, and for small game hunting. When we have concurrent turkey and deer seasons, it is my companion when I am in areas where I can use rifles, i'm set with shot and rifle. In deer only, buckshot and rifle. I rarely carry it for predators. So I need a perfect fit of the stock for bird hunting. It also needs to be lightweight and swing smoothly. For my predator and big game hunting perfect fit is less important. So give thought to how you hunt and what you hunt.
Where I live now centerfire rifles are not legal for hunting deer or bears, so my Savage 24 gets more field time.
As to triggers, choose what you prefer. I've used single and double trigger guns for more than 60 years. I don't like double triggers. I don't think I have ever shot both barrels in succession with my combinations, as I do with double rifles or double shotguns. For me rifle shooting is precision work, shotgunning is instinctive. For me I am carrying two singleshots.
I've sorted out that for me fit is more important than caliber.
Just my thoughts on what has worked for me. Others here have very different experiences and other perspectives.
Good luck on your search.
Bfly

Last edited by Blackfly1; 12/17/21.

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.