Have worn glasses since 3rd grade, no issues for many years (into my early 50’s).

Then I had the same problem OP described with bifocals. Had to get the progressive lowered. That worked on shotguns and one rifle but not on the rest of my scoped rifles. Went back a second time to the eye doctor and got a pair of specs with no bifocals. That solved the rifle and shotgun issues.

But! I could not see handgun sights without bifocals. Still can’t.

Solved the handgun sight issue by accident. I wore prescription safety glasses for work (retired now) that had lines. They also had two sets of bifocals, called occupational bifocals. There is a slot between the two sets with normal vision. One day I went to the range after work and forgot to change my eyewear. Found that the line made it easy to tilt my head back so I could see the revolver sights in the bifocal part. Good enough for 25 yards or so. Playing around, I found I could also tilt my head forward, use the upper bifocals, and got a more natural feeling stance. The lines were very helpful.

Next trip to the range, I brought a rifle and could shoot it and my revolver. Other trips found that the safety glasses could be used on all my scoped rifles, shotgun, and revolver. Great, except those safety glasses are heavy and the slot with normal vision is too narrow for outdoor use like hunting. The one thing I learned is the lines are thinner than the progressive and are readily apparent. So yet another trip to the eye doctor got a set of glasses with lines. Those worked.

None of this solved the issue with binoculars and glasses. The best work-around I have is to use binoculars that have independent focus. I have a set of 10X Bushnell that moves both eyepieces with the main adjustment. One eyepiece can be adjusted independently. So I close one eye, adjust, then close the other eye and adjust the independent side. Works, but is not ideal. Best use is when scanning the same range panoramically. Jumping far/near requires readjustment. And it is NOT fast!

It was interesting to see this thread today. Went to eye doctor this morning and found that I have glaucoma. Will get in the queue for lens replacement. Doctor is a shooter, he thinks scoped rifle and shotgun will be fine but is not confident about irons on rifle or pistol. Guess I will find out for myself.

Got it covered with the 22 LR, 30-06, and 12 gauge.
The rest are just for fun.
NRA Life Member
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.