Let's get a little more perspective on what the OP really wants. An accurate complete upper in the $650-$800 price range. I'm sure a custom smithed "top notch" barrel is not what he's looking for. Also, show me a complete WOA upper in that price range. I'll be the bad guy and throw this one out, since it looks like he's wanting suggestions for what he can get with his hard earned money.

Windham Weaponry Varmint exterminator complete upper assembly

The one with the threaded muzzle is in stock. I use their barrels with matching bolts and they always shoot great. Or good enough for my needs. Here's an example of the accuracy I get with mine:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
One of the first time's I took it to the range. Its always functioned 100% and still shoots great....

The next pictures show how it does with 69's, 73's and 77's:

That's been my experience with the Windham barrels.

They also shoot the 77's very well (different rifle with 20" WW Varmint Exterminator barrel)....

And then double checking that load with the 77TMK on a different day. Barrel only had about 100 rounds on it at that time:

From my experience with 3 of their barrels, they are pretty solid shooters. The last barrel I bought, about a year ago struggles to shoot moa:

When I first started looking for a rifle or upper, similar to what the OP describes, I ended up buying a used Noveske 20" varmint upper. That rifle upper wishes it was as consistent of a shooter as the Windham. It just doesn't compete though. The reason I turned it into my iron sight only rifle. It does well enough in that arena. I also looked into RRA. My buddy having had an 18" RRA, but it did not impress me in the accuracy department. He bought it based on his belief that it was an "all milspec" rifle. I guess that turned his crank. I could care less because of the chidt it was putting down range.

And yes, we tried all kinds of his factory match grade ammo and this is the best either of us could do^^ He doesn't like the rifle now and just shoots his Bushmaster A2. He's the kind of guy that thinks his rifle is worth $1,200.00 though, but wants to sell it. I politely told him he's not going to get that out of it and check what they are selling for now. So there's some of my experience and suggestions. Take it or not..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA