.....THANKS 222 for this post! I'd been wondering what I had with my Marlin 39. It has the straight stock, but unlike the TDS model it has a 19"5/8" barrel (measured from where the barrel mates to the reciever to the muzzle), anda lever with a rounded backend (the TDS I've seen have a square back lever). The barrel is marked "39 Carbine" no letter pre-fix or suffix on the barrel model stamping.
......You may well have given me the year of manufacture (or at least close)..I want to mount a compact scope on it and see what it'll do! I've had it for many years but it's been kept in the safe, never went hunting.It is nearly new condition wise, I guess I've got a rare keeper, heh?
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Bill, an additonal feature of the 39D is the barrel band instead of forend cap. My dad's had one since '75 I think, and I've spent hours looking through it's Lyman peep.

Another model that he's got that's very rare, is the Carbine. It's essentially a Mountie with a shorter barrel (can't remember the length, and a half-length magazine. I think it was a one or two year production in about '67.
222Rem