Twice that I can think of. One wasn't very exciting, was cutting some steel with a chop saw, somehow the saw grabbed the cut off chunk of steel and flung it upwards, it nicked the bottom of my lower jaw and sliced it open. Just a few inches more and it would've been my jugular vein. The other time on the fire dept. we were working a car wreck out on the interstate at the merging point on one of the on ramps. Traffic was not heavy but it was starting to back up. I was going to walk down to where the traffic was getting jammed up and about that time an 18 wheeler come flying through with the brakes locked up and he's sliding sideways towards the rest of my crew who were working the wreck. Somehow he shot into the median and crossed over into oncoming traffic but luckily there wasn't any traffic real close at the time. He stayed on the oncoming shoulder until he hit a crossover area which was about a quarter mile away. I really thought we were gonna be wiped out on that one. I'd rather fight a big ass fire then work a car wreck on an interstate!