[Linked Image]The scope on Tom's .300 Hulk IS a Nightforce. Correct, anyone can see that. Note: My post said: "Tom HAS a U.S. Optics scope." Didn't say his Hulk wore one, or that he used one to set his record. Tom has done a tremendous amount of good to the sport of 1000 yard shooting. As you said: He's a good guy and you congratulated him yes!!! But to point out negatives about how he did at the National shoot is like pointing out that Brett Favre threw an incomplete pass just after he set the all time TD record last week. Tom was in 1st place before the Nationals. He didn't do that by being a poor shooter, he did it by being a great shooter. Lots of other top shooters didn't do well at the Nationals either, but I'll take nothing away from any of them. I'll also not point out how bad they may of shot. That is bench rest shooting for you. Not everyone shoots great all the time. His groups have been getting smaller and smaller over the past years if you'll notice. And yes, the 6mm's and others can do good at 1000 yards too. The Hulk is a great round, and many others are having them made up for 1000 yard shooting. A friend of mine, who had never shot 1000 yard bench rest before, shot Tom's Hulk for the first time. He shot a 3"+ group at 1000 yards the first time he'd ever shot 1000 yards. He ordered a new Hulk the next day. Also, Tom would never make excuses for anything, but I know he tore a pectoral muscle two days before the National shoot. That would have to be tough shooting a Hulk with an injury like that. I won't argue with you as to what is the "best" 1000 yard round, as ask 25 people and you'll get 25 different answers. I do know the Hulk is as good as any others out there, in my opinion. And, yes, again, I did hear you congratulate Tom as a good guy and good shooter. I just thought it was a little uncalled for to be negative about a guy who just set a new world record at 1000 yard with all 5 shots in the X ring. That is a record that quite possibly may never be broken. But I never say never. Note: Included in this post is a picture of Tom's U.S. Optics scope I said he "had." And bullet holes at 1000 yards aren't very big, even 30 cal. but myself and 4 others DID see roofing nails in the 1 mile target, and that's a fact. I never said we could see bullet holes in the 1000 yard targets.

Last edited by hunter01; 10/07/07.