I took delivery of a pair today.

Browsing around, Fujinon was probably the maker who made these for Bushnell (Discoverer) and Meade (Montana).

FWIW the "list" price for these on the invoice from EPO was $520 although they told me via email they had never actually carried them. Perhaps the $520 was the aforementioned "minimum advertised price".

Same edge rolling effect with these as mentioned for the Montana, but clear and bright center field. The outer 20% of the wide 420' FOV is out of focus but otherwise of little concern to me, mostly in birding I need that wide field to pick up movement.

Very good depth of field and light gathering ability.

I don't care for the center diopter adjustment (which doesn't appear to adjust much) but at least it can be checked by feel by virtue of a raised bump on the ring, I hate having to reach for reading glasses in the field to check the diopter setting of binocs.

EO claims these things are clearer and brighter than the equivalent Bushnells, which if true likely applies to the Meades too. If so its gotta be the lens coatings.

My take, these things are competent mid-priced roofs, $189 being a good deal while it lasts. I dunno how this deal compares to $150 for the Montanas.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744