Lots of fond memories from the old Bird House during the 70s and 80s. A must stop when headed south especially great spot to bring visitors to Alaska. Always something memorable happening. Tons of laughs and witnessed quite a few of those bras and panties being hung above the bar. Just a real fun unique establishment full of local color and a slice of real Alaska.

Another watering hole was Seal Meats(sp)? just up the road a bit. Now she was an interesting character, quite a lady with a couple of great assets and an even bigger reputation. I’ll just leave it at that.

Alas, those times and places are long past. I realize Mike Gordon had the Bird House rebuilt behind Chilkoot Charlie’s but, it just ain’t the same. It’s the Bird House in name only. I guess you’d had to
been there back in those days to know what I mean. Those old Alaskan clubs, taverns, saloons and roadhouses are disappearing. Sure was fun while it lasted.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, Here am I. Send me!

Isaiah 6:8