I recently purchased a 1X8 Stainless DCM Barrel from DPMS. 278 rounds have been fired. My goal was to shoot 69 grain and 77 grain Sierra HPBT bullets thru "The Course". None of the previously loaded ammunition 24.4 grains of IMR4895/69 Sierra, would function thru the new barrel. The extractor would tear off the rim, leaving the case in the chamber, which would require a cleaning rod for removal. They were not difficult to remove,with a rod. I thought, better reduce the loads and try again I got down to 22.5 grains of IMR4895/69 Sierra, and still tearing off the rims, by the way Sierra's min load listed is 22.9 with a velocity of 2500. My loads were proudcing 2788 fps/33ES. Today, I called DPMS, and talked with Shane, the first thing out of his mouth, is "WE don't warranty any of our products, which has used reloaded ammuntion". This is standard with most arms manufacturers, however, and I pointed out to DPMS, the only way to shoot these matches is with reloads. It will be interesting to see what they do, and I will let you all know, what there suggestion is as to solving this problem.

Jerry

NRA Endowment Life Member