I am not Phill or a gun writer, but I have a lot of experience with the 35whelen on large animals. My whelen will run a 250FXB between 2400 and 2680fps depending on the charge. The only differance I could detect is ranging ability, the faster load has an extended PBR. This should not be an issue with your proposed use. On game performance at 2400fps or 2600+ is equally awesome. The norma comes , normally comes in a heavier, longer rifle, the belted short mag does not load as slick. The whelen loads slick like a 375HH, does not need a long barrel to perform and with the 250 barnes X, 225gr are only available now, bullet weight is not compromised at impact. All the bullet has to do is penetrate and stay together, a g bear or any other animal is skin bone and muscle, the whelen will pentrate and smash bone. Once I shot a large moose at 325m, 250x at 2450fps, smashed large bones major tissue damage, did not recover bullet. Your grizz will not no the diffearance between the two, I say this after 30+ head of big, big game.