My 7mm Rem Mag Barrel is about done. I’ve shot a lot of stuff with it, from Coyotes to Elk. Never let me down. Since most of my 7mm brass is also toast and everything is hard to find now; considering going to a .30 Cal magnum for the new tube. This was the same ol 7mm vs .300 question which has been done over and over.

I want to shoot a 175-200 grain bullet 3000-2900 fps. I don’t want to redline the cartridge as I have done with the 7RM. It’s a 700 action in an HS Precision stock with a Geissele trigger. I don’t shoot comps and shoot LR basically for fun at steel and stuff. The gun weighs about 9.5lbs as it is. I don’t notice the recoil. It’s a hunting rifle for open country deer 90% of the time. I have lighter rifles for Antelope and Elk tags are few and far between. Not interested in going below 7mm bullet diameter.

Considering.300 WM, .300 PRC or .300 RUM

Maybe a 7PRC as it will shoot the 175-195s 2900-3000 easily.

Maybe a .338.

The only one I have any components for is the .300 Win. I have brass and dies. Around here, .30 cal bullets are much more common than 7mm. I have a couple hundred 7mm bullets left. I need new brass for the 7RM. Barrels from HS are a ways out. I want an HS barrel. What would you build in todays crazy market. Another option is starting from scratch with a custom
Action and putting the 7RM back in its walnut furniture for retirement use.

Last edited by TakeEm; 09/16/22.

Isaiah 6:8