Hey guys, wanted to run something by you, sort of a sanity double-check. I am switching bullets for my Savage Lightweight .308; I'd been loading and shooting the Barnes 168 gr TTSX, for which I'd established a good seating depth/COAL using the Stoney Point bullet comparator tool (measuring case head to ogive). I am now going to the Barnes 150 gr TTSX, which is a fair bit shorter bullet than the 168. So I have a couple of questions related to this, sort of conceptual but also, applicable.

First, is it reasonable to expect that the 150 bullet would perform similarly (as far as accuracy) if it is seated such that the COAL is the same as how I had loaded the 168? It would therefore be the same distance from the lands which I presume is the biggest factor in performance. My other thought was that in that scenario (same COAL) the shorter bullet would have more empty space/volume in the case so then would the combustion and other physics result in different performance?

Second, to produce the same COAL in the 150, I would just use the existing setting in the seating die that I used for the 168, correct?

Maybe I'm overthinking this, I just want to get to a load I'll be happy with minimal time and component usage. Anyway, thanks in advance!