Curious who is using a tripod for hunting or is considering it?
What set-ups do you use?
Pictures would be great!

What is the weight(s) of your hunting gun(s) that you also shoot off of a tripod?
This is not my lightest hunting XP.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Do you know the weight of your tripod with head, and what is it's shortest length?
Mine comes down to 22 inches and weighs 3 pounds and smidgen under 9 ounces, or rounded down to 3.5 pounds

2023 will be the year that I dive into this hard, to see what my limits will be, especially with center-grip single-shot XP-100's.
I have used tri-pod's (With XP's and rifles) in the past, but I am wanting to get serious about it in 2023.

Using 8" or 10" steel what is the max distance you can hit your target every time (with your hunting rig) from standing, sitting, or double kneeling? Especially interested in standing.

I am getting Arca rails (2.5-3 inches long just in front of the trigger guard) installed after the first of the year on a handful of my primary hunting center-grip XP-100's: (6mm-284, 25-284, 6.5-284, 280AI, and 300 SAUM).
I do understand I am adding weight to my hunting set-up.

Pros and Cons?

Below is my 6.5-284.
My 6.5-284 is not my lightest weight (8 pounds) hunting XP-100, but I had it handy.
It shoots amazing, even at distance with 140 AB's: 2784 fps (distance was 575 yards on 10" steel)

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/