Originally Posted by bowmanh
I generally use 2 stage triggers on my AR-15's, mostly Geissele SSA-E models. They are fine for hunting. I use a single stage trigger on the AR's I use for 3 Gun because most of the stages where I shoot are hoser stages, and a single stage trigger is slightly faster for those.

But a good trigger of either type works fine for me. The one place where I don't like a single stage is for duty or self defense purposes. In that situation, a 2 stage gives you more leeway under stress.

I just replaced a couple of MBT-2s with two SSA-Es in a couple of ARs, and I am super impressed with them.

I have a Jard adjustable single-stage in another AR, selected because of my previous experiences with good triggers on bolt rifles. What I found was that I was not able to achieve the same kind of light, crisp break with the Jard without experiencing some doubling. I relented and went with considerably more engagement, and what I have now is a very light pull with easily discernable creep, but buttery smooth (emphasis on smooth) with a sudden break. It isn't the pull I set out to achieve but I can sure shoot with it.

I tried a Timney s/s in an AR years ago and just couldn't warm up to it.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.