It's funny. I have a copy of a book titled "Propellant Profiles" which I consider an invaluable resource, partly because it's a bit dated and I often get questions about some old powder or other.

But in the review of 4320, the writer damned it with faint praise. His analysis showed that 4320 seldom produced peak velocities nor the tightest groups, but that it was a solid if unspectacular performer in many rounds. Ho hum.

I avoided using any 4320 for years because of that article. Until I started doing my own bookcrawling. It turns out that while 4320 does not produce top velocities in many rounds, it is off by only a very few feet per second - not enough to matter. Many loads were reported with second-place accuracy, and again, not enough behind to matter. Hmmmmm, thought I.

Bought a can. Loved the way it flowed and how charges were nearly identical. Confirmed that it delivers very respectable speeds and darn pretty groups in every round I stuffed with it, from 223 through 7-30 Waters to 308. Hmmmmm again, thought I.

Now, that dark green can has an honored place on my shelf. It's a keeper.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.