Back from the range today... the 100yrd this time.<P>Since the last time I posted I did the work up and found that 56.5 was very accurate and no pressure signs, and then I went to 57.0 and seemed just as accurate. Then I tried 57.5 and the grouped opened somewhat, and the rifle really started to move. Exctraction was easy, and the primer pockets still tight on reloading. Considering that these were shot with it was in the 80 degree range I was happy with. I felt that I could have safely pushed 58g but already I was getting much more blast and flame, and the groups showed signs of opening so I quit while I was a head, and even droped the 57.5g loading from any further testing.. BTW this is all AA2700 with the 185 Remington, as is the prior posts.<P>That got me to today, I was only working with two loads.<P>a. 56.5g AA2700<BR>b. 57.0g AA2700<P>At the 100 yrds I can tell the difference, were as at 50 I could not.<BR>The 56.5 would print between 1.2 and apx .8 for the three set of groups I shot with it.The 57.0 printed no larger then apx .8 inches and one seemed on the edge of 0.5 inches, the combined bullet holes were larger then the spread.<P>Final loading:<BR>Win Case FL for 8mm-06<BR>Trimmed to 2.485 inches<BR>Rem 9 1/2 primer<BR>57.0g AA2700<BR>Remington 185g 8mm PSPCL<BR>C.O.L. 3.200 inches<BR>Heavy crimp in bullet groove using Lee factory crimp.<P>I will tell anyone this, I do not care what you shoot, but bench shooting any hard recoiling rifle from the bench is no fun. I will never be a benchrest shooter, at least not with the cals I shoot. I have found my hunting load for this bullet for the rifle and on to the 200g Spitzers, though I think I will take a break here for a few days.<P>I love this Pac-Nor barrel. It cleans up so nice and easy compared to all the others, and it has not printed any really bad groups. From what I can tell during the work up nothing would have gone over 3 inches at 100 hundred, so I could really use any of the loadings for hunting. Now if I can only get an elk tag in the PA drawing [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] ... Somebody is going to get it, might as well be me, right?

..pick..