Some time back I got a mixed bag of fired military 308 brass. Brass of any sort was rare as hen's teeth, so I took the bag. Didn't pay a lot of attention to it at the time, because it was pretty cheap and right then I needed the brass. When I got around to sorting through it, I began to think I needed to kick myself. The stuff was sticky, long time sticky like maybe it had been over lubed at one time, and set aside and forgotten. No way was one of those cases going through a good die. Regular vibratory tumbler was a waste of time. Looking through my stuff I came upon a Lee 308 case trim kit that had a shell holder that could be chucked in a drill, and could be screwed down to lock the case in place. That in a drill, with some steel wool in hand and a few seconds spinning the case in the steel wool, and the cases looked like new. There was still a bit of cleanup needed on the case head, but about 15 seconds per case left brass that looked like new. The inside of the cases did not look unusual for fired brass

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"