I have acquired a rifle about which some of you may be able to provide further information. It appears to be a Mauser Type M Sporting Carbine. It is marked “Mauserwerke A.G. Oberndorf” on the left side of the receiver. The left side of the receiver ring has “7x57” and the serial number. The rifle has a 20-inch barrel and a Mannlicher-style full length stock, checkered on the fore end and pistol grip. It has a butter knife shaped bolt handle and double set triggers. The butt plate is blued steel and marked “Mauser” with a trapdoor compartment. There is a folding leaf rear sight and fine bead front sight. I have a copy of the 1936 Stoeger’s catalog which features an illustration of the rifle as a Type M. Olsen’s “Mauser Bolt Rifles” also shows the rifle. I am not sure how to determine the exact year of manufacture. This is all I’ve been able to learn about the rifle so far, and would appreciate any further information anyone here might be aware of. I would be glad to post photos, but don’t seem to be able to.