Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by flintlocke
but I gotta say, the official face of the Canadian border authority is the sorriest, most arrogant, rude, wannabe badasses ever collected by one employer. Every kid in Canada that didn't have any friends in school or was picked on now has a badge working the POE's.

That's weird .... I live close to the border and cross over a lot.

Nothing serious, but I've had more hassles going into your country than coming back into mine.
Yeah, I have never crossed anywhere but BC, so my mouth got carried away, but from the treatment I received at Peace Arch stayed in my mind. Seemed like every trip to Alaska I was accused of smuggling, sowing seeds of anarchy, overthrow of the Canada govt, at the least. I do not look like a hippie, never arrested, no tats or earrings, I keep my mouth shut and just answer when questioned, but have been detained at length and searched every time. Tok and Sumas is scarcely better. I wonder now, if I am flagged some way in the US and the Canadians are tipped off, but there is always the possibility that I am just ugly.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.