Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
First, thanks for all the very kind words and wishes.

Surgery went well. I fell asleep in post-op and didn't hear what the Doc said to my wife, but I guess there were no complications. I was given some some narc pain reliever and that knocked me out for the next 12 hours. But I had a pain-free first night. Until I got up to pee at 5. Learned real quick that putting weight on my back is an eye-opener. If I stretch myself as tall as I can, it's a lot better, so I'll be a walking poster boy for posture for a while, LOL!

Doc says to walk as much as I can, but no more than a mile a day. I suspect that less than will be the case.

Anyhow, I'm here at the 'pooter again to annoy y'all by being smarter than half of you.

Side note: one of my nurses was tickled when I pronounced the ingredient in Tylenol as "A set of minnow fins." My pun generator is undamaged.

I've been where you are several times, and I'll give you a bit of advise. You are not fixed and you are not 25 years old again!! Just because your pain leaves, doesn't mean you're back 100% and can start lifting furniture or throwing hay bales. I learned that the hard way, and it cost me another surgery. You will have a diseased lower back from now on, so adjust your work load accordingly. Also, it takes about one year for a back surgery to heal as much as it can and for the scar tissue to stabilize. Think before you lift stupid stuff.

^^^^This^^^^

After shoulder replacement surgery, I was told, "Don't lift more than 25 lbs with that arm."
Well, I did! 🤯
Didn't cause problems or a do-over, but I thought I may have to! Won't do THAT again! 👍
Call it a lesson learned the hard way!

I can do anything today I could do at 20 years old.....it just takes me twice as long! 😉 (maybe three or four times as long! LOL!)