Oh yeah; I’ve got a defibrillator/pacemaker in since 06/05. Had an office visit where I was informed that I may have defective leads and programmed the device to beep 3X at 10:00 AM if there was a problem. Also set to kick in if my pulse dropped to 44. In June of 2020, I got a call from the clinic (125 miles away) wanting to know what I was doing and if I had suffered any trauma as a car wreck or a fall off a
ladder. I said no, that I was cooking breakfast and planned to cut grass as soon as the dew dried. They told me that was not a good idea, that they suspected I had a lead(s) to fracture and the background noise could cos my devise to shock me continuously and to park my butt in my recliner until the device rep came to my door. About 1:00 PM, he showed up with his laptop to shut down the device. I asked him how they would fix the problem. He said that a good heart surgeon could take a laser and burn the leads from the scar tissue in my heart. Only problem is that h could burn a hole in my heart and I would need immediate open heart surgery to repair it and they probably would not be able to save me even if they were there in the room. What most would choose was to cut the old leads, move the device to the other side of my chest and install new leads. I asked if he had been called out to shut one down in a dead person as my pastors father had died and the device was still working as should in the morgue. He replied that a month earlier, he had been called to a local funeral home with the same problem. Family had gathered to view the body and it was twitching. The staff thought that would upset the family.