I am sure after I write down all my questions it will seem like I am rambling on.
I am sitting on a boat load of points for deer and elk. I have a couple for Antelope also. I don't want to go alone so I will include my hunting partner and he has a few of each so it will dilute my odds of drawing. What I don't want to do is waste the points its taken 12+ years of applying. I don't want to do all the hunts the same year. I want to spread them out due to its a one and done deal. Maybe over 2-3 years and by then I will probably be unable to get around like I want.

I am sure there are guys who have been in my same spot and I am curious how they did it? I will give you some info and ideas I have. I am not specifically looking for a honey hole, maybe unit and hunt choice for each.

My thoughts are we would apply for deer only with most likely total of 13 points for both of us.
We are both 60 now and we can't hunt like a goat anymore. We have hunted all over North America guided and unguided for whitetails. Doing deer first would give us a idea of where elk might be and this would be a scouting trip for elk. We would like to take a deer but knowing they are around is good enough. I hunt south of Cheyenne one time and we had a leased private ranch. 5 of us were done on a day and half for Mulies.

I have hunted Montana guided and unguided. Took a nice 6x6 bull on a guided camp hunt 25 years ago.

Should we take baby steps, first antelope? Low point requirement as starting point?

Options considering

drop camp?
DIY camp or out of a motel?
Hire outfitter?
Lease ground?
Suggest unit?

For elk almost the same questions except one additional caveat. Do I apply for a hard to draw bull elk and use a cow hunt as second choice. Learning the area and terrain for when I draw a bull tag? I like eating elk and shooting a cow would be a trophy. As for bulls, I am not looking for a big bull. If one steps in front of me fine but I would take just any bull and be happy. Same for my partner, he is on the same page.

drop camp?
DIY camp or out of a motel?
Hire outfitter?
Lease ground?
Suggest unit?

I will take PM's, I understand someone may not want everyone to see the comments. I would not be returning every year so the area would be safe. Like I said we are getting old and its a one and done for each animal.

Thanks
Bob