Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Could easily be bench technique, setup.
I have been known to have excessive operator headspace occasionally
ARs aren't the easiest guns to shoot off a benchrest. The sloping stock makes them want to porpoise which string the shots vertically. A dedicated bench gun has a straight bottomed buttstock so the gun recoils straight back.
Makes sense. What do folks do it this case with respect to benchrest technique?
Front rest as close to mag well as possible. Aim and fire. Nothing fancy. Works fine to find out potential.

I do have a special upper to put match barrels on that is wide and slick and floated, to test 600 yard plus ammo and barrel before putting on a service rifle. There I take a bit more time on the rest part but nothing fancy.

I know you have given that type of advice before. Like they are a battle rifle, just shoot it like one. Or some such recommendation. That helped me, as soon as I thought about it for a while. One thing I was guilty of is checking POI after each shot through the spotter. Then you lose your hold on the rifle, and I'm sure that affects accuracy. If you have someone spotting for you, that is a huge benefit.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA