I have had rifles that just would not shoot.

1. A 6.5mm from PacNor. I could not get it to shoot, rebedded, different loads, swapped scopes, etc. Took it back to the gunsmith and not 1 minute after pulling his borescope out he clearly identified 'inclusions' in the steel which had caused the last 2in of the barrel to look like it had been sandblasted on the inside. PacNor offered a replacement within 24hrs of being notified.

2. A 6mm from International Barrels Inc. in Canada. Tried every single bullet, load and depth combination I could work out. Different scopes, stocks, bedding. Finally decided to just pull it and use it as reinforcing rod in the next concrete wall and let IBI know by way of a courtesy (barrel 2yr old but only 300 rounds at this stage - not in warranty). Ryan Steacy got right back to me and asked I send it back. So I cleaned it and stuck my borescope in for a looksee, 2in from the muzzle the rifling was scored on one of the lands. Should have borescoped it earlier, would have saved big dollars in bullets, primers and powder.

3. A 338 barrel from a local group on my 338 Norma. Could not get repeatable accuracy. Brake on, brake off, load and seating depth, different scope, etc. Was about to give up when a friend of mine made the observation that the scope was awfully far forward. Realised at that point that the scope was moving in the Talley rings - it was a Leupold VX5 so the long eye box worked well. Rosined the scope into the rings and it is a sub 1/2 MOA rifle with 3 shots. Not bad for a 8lb 9oz 338 Norma.