This. Had to be muzzle velocity to which they were referring, right? Impact speeds of 2400 and up would make them “unsuitable” at all but the shortest typical hunting ranges.

Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Jevyod
I emailed Hornady this morning concerning the velocity window for these bullets. They stated that they were designed for the 2400-3000 window. Bums me out because it means they really are not suitable for 338-06 velocities. They may work in pinch, but not ideal at all. I guess you guys that had your doubts are right. I just assumed that a RN design would mean lower velocity thresh hold would be down around 1800, not 2400.

Did they specify this as a range of impact speeds, or was it a suggested range of launch speeds for good impact performance at typical hunting distances.
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Jevyod
I emailed Hornady this morning concerning the velocity window for these bullets. They stated that they were designed for the 2400-3000 window. Bums me out because it means they really are not suitable for 338-06 velocities. They may work in pinch, but not ideal at all. I guess you guys that had your doubts are right. I just assumed that a RN design would mean lower velocity thresh hold would be down around 1800, not 2400.

Did they specify this as a range of impact speeds, or was it a suggested range of launch speeds for good impact performance at typical hunting distances.

Chris