Likely a Captain Obvious question: what has been the collective experience of the 'Fire from a not so stiff synthetic stock with "adequate" barrel channel clearance and group size? I'm defining adequate as a doubled over dollar bill slides the entire length of the barrel channel with no tight spots. Barrel is centered in the channel.

I have a rifle that shoots submoa with light loads. Crank up the velocity, and groups go to crap, mainly 2 close, 1 out. I've been pondering causes - rifle likes light loads, wrong bullet, wrong powder, primers, on into Infinity. I can live with the light loads because it shoots well - but would like to solve the issue without spending a pile of money on components.

To cover the bases: it's not the scope, mounts, or any other mechanical issue that I can find. Plus it shoots well at lower velocities and minimal recoil. I'd opine its not the shooter because I've shot known rifles along side this one and managed to produce moa/submoa groups. In my mind it's something with the rifle at this point.

My next move is a shim under the forend tip.

Other ideas/thoughts to explore?

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.