He doesn't make "tactical" rifles, and has a small shop just up the road from his famous grandfather, Ellwood Epps. Well, maybe famous isn't the right word. Ellwood has been gone for a long time, so he's not famous anymore.

Rob Wise is a few miles north of Epps Sporting Goods. Both are north of Orillia. He makes most of his money selling bait and fishing supplies to locals and tourists from the city. But he also works on rifles. He got his start in his grandfather's store. Here's a picture of the rifle rack behind the counter. You might think this is a gunsmith's shop from way back. Nope. This is Rob's place, but it was not taken 50 years ago.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Rob rechambered my 22 hornet Handi rifle to K-Hornet and has installed some barrels for me. I just thought you would like a peek. No doubt he will be retiring soon. Some of you will wonder how he manages to stay in business. There's no computers, email or tablets in his place. The closest thing to techy he has is an old phone and a bait tank with a pump in it.

Son of a gun...

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada