I am selling my Ted Dowell camp axe. These are extremely rare as it has been reported Dowell made less than 2 dozen of them due to all the grinding and polishing work involved (most probably less than a dozen). The integral head and handle, made from D-2 die steel, is approx. 12 1/2" long and weighs 1 ¾ pounds. The axe tapers linearly from just under 1/2" at the head to approx. 1/16th" at the butt. The handle material is, as I remember, desert Iron wood and is attached by his conventual two screw method with a TMD logo in the center. The axe is totally unused and of course, unsharpened over the years.

Ted was a founding member of the Knifemakers Guild who passed away a little over 10 years ago. This axe, made in about 1976, would be a stellar addition for a serious collector. The axe is $1750 shipped to the lower 48 states with insurance and tracking. I have pictures below but can provide any additional ones you would like to see. Please feel free to call or PM with such requests or with any questions you might have.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/zWjGCWk

Edward Lundberg, Colorado Springs, 1-719-495-6560

Last edited by eddiel4; 04/22/23.