Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by MJones
I read all about you blow hard Texans and how you people think yor are the best .Your bbq sucks Mexican ass and looks like a cancer lung , Kc style is so much better .

He is just trying to stir us up, nobody is that dumb.

If it isn’t cooked with mesquite on a seasoned pit, it ain’t cshit! This is what a real pit looks like, built this not long ago.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What does it cost nowadays to build one like that?

It would take 1500.00 in plate, pipe, wheels, hinges etc, plus labor. It would kill 60 hours to build and paint it. It takes time to go gather up the parts. Anything metal has skyrocketed since the Commie 19 hit. A 4x8 sheet of 1/4 plate is 300.00. People won’t pay what it costs for a pit like that. They wouldn’t pay what the parts cost, much less labor too. Welding rods, grinding wheels are expensive now too.
I made them, did a football pot, was the only way I could make any money at all on building a pit. When they let us start working OT, quit the pit building business, much easier work.
Thats what I was thinking, about 3-4 grand. I'm just going to weld a new firebox on mine.

It would take 4000.00 to get me to build one like that now. Gasses for cutting torch and rods are out of sight too.
I have a 250-gallon propane tank I want to make one out of someday.

I’ve got 2 propane tanks. One big and one small. The smaller one I want to make upright on the front of the pit. It’s on my list, just not at the top….too many projects.