Originally Posted by Jason280
Originally Posted by handwerk
They are excellent, I have been using the model pictured since 2015 and even though I have other top end glass they continue to impress.
Everybody's eyes/face is different but if they seem like a good fit and are priced fairly I'd buy them, I'm sure you'll be happy.

I'm curious how they would compare with a pair of Japanese Leupold BX-3 Mojave 8x42's.

Jason, I can answer that for you. Since I use the BX3 Mojave when hunting. However, mine are the 8x32's. I love the Mojave binoculars. So much, in fact, that I have 2 pair. For hunting, they are ideal because they only weigh 17 oz's. Your x42's are a little heavier, but same same glass. The Leica's are superior in glass quality. When looking through the Leica's you will notice a clearer and cleaner view right away. Now, let's go one step further in comparison. My buddy has a set of 10x42 Vortex Furry HD 5000's. The Leupold BX3 Mojave falls in between the Furry's and the Leica's. Yes, the Mojave binocular's are clearer to my eyes. That's just my take and remember everyone's eyes are different. YMMV.. The Leica's you are asking about have been discontinued for a newer model. A lot of places were selling them at a greatly discounted price. The ones I bought were $1,199.99. I bought them before the new model came out, but the store was making room for them to hit the shelves. I'd imagine if you buy them at close to that price, you will be very happy with them. However, if they are upwards of $1,400.00, buy the newer ones, for just a few bucks more!!! The new ones offer more range and new styling.

Originally Posted by handwerk
you are correct Jason...at east I've never seen them in the past new for more than $1500.

They were right around $1,600.00 at one point. Last year, before they were discontinued.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA