I wear corded foam plugs and wear around my neck till needed. I look for something >30db, typically find up to 33db, and good foam ones seem to work a LOT better than any others for me. I have them in every case and in my truck counsel and tool bags. Some of the electric ones only go to 26db. At the range I have foam inserts in and put muffs on over. I lost too much hearing over the years and never shoot without protection -and won't let anyone else shooting my guns. At my old lease I used to prod guys to use protection but did not make myself the the ear muff police. It's your choice. One guy shooting a big revolver told me his hearing was so bad it no longer mattered. My reply was to ask him if that didn't make what little hearing he had left all the more precious?
To his credit he stopped for a moment, nodded, and asked me for some plugs.

I hope everyone uses them and has their kids do the same.

I have an inexpensive pair of electric and they are better than nothing for dampening but I do enjoy them walking about some times. It will train you how to be quieter.

Last edited by kenjs1; 05/01/23.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius