Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Didn't want to step on the PPK thread but it made me think of all the semi-auto handguns out there with true panache.

Not going to be the style Nazi, panache or style if you prefer can be whatever you think it is. But as a guideline, a Glock 17 or 19 does not have panache, no matter how much aftermarket stuff it's laden with. A plain jane, beat to crap 1911 that was carried through a war definitely does.

Also, try to limit this to semi-autos, we already know there is a plethora of DA and SA revolvers with panache.

So, let's see'em!

I'll start. Recently got this 1988 vintage Beretta Model 87, a single stack .22 in their Cheetah series. It's not the most accurate .22 I own but it holds its own. Mostly it's just a really neat little gun and brings me much pleasure to handle and shoot.

Il mio nuovo piccolo amico.

[Linked Image]

I was a wee bit surprised with your comment on the accuracy of the Model 87 in that it is lacking in some accuracy. Is that for this pistol in comparison to other .22lr autos that you have? Are those other autos more of a range only shooter?

I have heard from many sources that this Model is a champ in accuracy with an all steel frame with great engineering thrown in. I have been looking for one in the same shape as yours and enjoyed the photo thanks.