Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by deerstalker
about halfway through last century i acquired a 94 win in .32 win spcl. being young, dumb, and full of ideas, and due to a situation where 32 win spcl ammo was unobtainium, i fed it 30-30.
case dimensions being close i got fire formed brass. accuracy was non existent.
at that time the Lyman manual had a conversion list in the back. using that i never got into trouble but with good head stamped brass available, that is the way to go.

I have been told that the 32 WS was popular in northern Canada during the 1st half of the 20th Century and maybe beyond because in a pinch 30-30 ammo could be safely fired in a 32 WS rifle with enough accuracy to harvest an animal for food.

Not to get too far off in the weeds but one thing I can tell you is that 1000s of rounds of 257 Roberts went through 6.5 Japs that WW ll veterans brought home from the war, that resulted in 1000s of lbs of venison.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~