Originally Posted by T_O_M
One other thing I have to figure out regarding the area near the river are the boundaries of the Pokegama travel management area. I think it closes .. Nov 20-ish? I'm looking for a good map for that.

My first spots will probably be up on top in the wilderness areas near the lakes. Do some fishing, look for sign, be ready to shoot a really big buck if one shows up, but not get in a hurry and take a dink just because it's available. I have a reputation for being rough on forked horns. smile Not doing that on this tag.

Yeah, general deer should be a good tag this year .. depending on weather.
Tom,

I've hunted Pokegama in the past, and have taken some pretty good sized deer out of there. I like hunting that unit also.
Not overly crowded ( like units with more hunters than deer). At the altitude its at, its still pretty easy hunting and getting around in there... on foot or in a vehicle. I walk and stalk a lot, and the area is perfect for that also.

Best of luck out that way....one of my favorite units to hunt.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez