Hey folks,

Thought I would add my info from today at the range.

I got 3006 fps today from my 6.5 x 55 and H4350. Rifle is a Sako 85. Lapua and Nosler brass and a CCI primer. Temperature was around 60 degrees F. Bullet seated .105” of the lands. I had some inconsistent minor pressure signs and didn’t go past this. The Nosler brass had some light extractor marks but the Lapua was fine.
Here are the velocities and I will caution you to start lower.

45.0 grains 2831
45.5 grains 2887
46.0 grains 2923
46.5 grains 2967
47.0 grains 3006

This was a 3 round average. Something to note my cold bore shots since I started working with Barnes are 40 fps slower. After the first round follow up shots seem to be consistent.

The group started opening up at 46. I was 3/4” with 45.0 grains and 1.5” at 46 grains.

Again, every rifle is different and approach with caution. I have a Sako and tikka varmint and they don’t handle pressure the same. start much lower, use new, good brass and work up. I wouldn’t trust this charge with any other brass and won’t be repeating with Nosler brass. I have used Nosler a lot for my Swedes but this is well past the limit. The Lapua brass seems much stronger. This experiment was just to see what is possible and I will be working around 45 grains with the LRX.

I am going to do some ladder testing next with H4831 SC. My goal is 3k with no pressure signs and better accuracy. I am pretty sure this is achievable.

Last edited by JeremySTW; 08/09/23.