Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Originally Posted by shooterschmidty
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Have you considered a Springfield Waypoint 2020?

I did look at them. They're about the same weight as the S20 at 7lb 6oz and they don't seem like as good of a value as the Havok since they're about the same price as the much lighter Havok element.

Sako tends to underestimate their weight quite often, and I am sure my Hunter wasn't 7lb 6oz. (my 20" Tikka CTR felt much lighter)

This review puts the S20 at 8lbs 4oz. CLICK HERE

This review states:
"My test sample was the Hunter model, as opposed to the Precision model. The spec sheet lists its weight at 7 lbs., 6 ozs., unloaded, though my scale showed it heavier at 8 lbs., 1 oz."

CLICK HERE

Another review: 8.38lbs.

FWIW, I believe the Waypoint with the CF barrel is 6lb. 14oz.

When I was looking at one, they could be had around $1700 ($1500 on a good GB auction day). I don't know if that is Element money, but thought they were maybe $2300?

That's a great insight. I didn't realize that the actual weight comes in so much higher than the advertised. I might have to start bringing a scale with me to the gun store!

I've read rumors online that Sako might be coming out with a carbon stock for the S20, but given the aluminum chassis system, I'm not sure how much weight that would save.

I'll have to take another look at the Waypoint. I would have swore that they were closer to $2500 when I handled one, but at $1500-$1700 I think they're worth a closer look.