T Inman;
Top of the morning T, I hope all is well in your section of the planet.

Thanks for the kind words once more sir.

If I'm not wrong and there's every possibility I am, the Swaro that the former guide was using was the same as yours - I remember it as big but not 85mm big and I do believe it was a 20-60X.

It's interesting to me that some folks are okay with either no tripod or a fairly short one as that's emphatically not to my tastes at all. My personal preference is a tripod that will allow me to use the spotter sitting, kneeling or even occasionally standing, but again that's me and our conditions.

We'd be glued to the spotters for hours looking for sheep and then when we'd spot them, we were not counting rings for sure since we were looking for an LEH "any ram" so anything with character might qualify as "it".

Edit to add; One of the side effects of having one 70 year old, one 60 year old, two in their late 50's and then the 20 something nephew was that a few of us had trouble getting that spotting scope eyeball to work in an acceptable fashion after said hours of glassing. A couple times when we had to move out posthaste like, my depth perception was just useless for the first 5 minutes! laugh

When chatting with the local bio who is also a sheep hunter and some folks from the Wild Sheep Society of BC, they're on the exact same page as you are regarding counting annuli.

Personally I bugger it up when it's on a table in front of me often enough that field counting - for me - would be akin to asking me to write code or do heart surgery. laugh

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 08/23/23. Reason: more information

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"