Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I've accumulated three break-barrels, and two PCPs. I'd say they both have their pro's/con's.

I tend to target shoot the break-barrels more often, because they are more of a challenge. The PCP gets the call if I need to kill a small pest with one clean shot.
I have two break-barrels but mine are not powered by a twangy spring. My break-barrels are powered by a gas piston. The gas piston power plant offers multiple benefits over a springer. One being you can leave a rifle with a gas piston cocked for an indefinite period of time without causing an issue with the piston. That is not recommended with a springer as the spring will "take a set" being compressed over a long time frame. Springers can be "tuned" to be the most accurate pellet rifles in the world. Great if you are an Olympic shooter but really not needed if you are killing squirrels. My Theoben Evolution is my plinking gun and my Weinrauch KW90 is for the serious varmint reduction operations. Both are full size rifles that simulate an actual big game hunting rifle feel. No matter which you choose, get an air rifle and shoot, then teach your children and grandchildren to shoot.