So, I've been fooling with large frame ARs for a little while now. Definitely a different kind of adventure. Some stuff just doesn't combine well with other stuff.

I have two guns I use for hog hunting, both chambered in .260 rem. The first came around without much heartburn. Ejection may be a bit too vigorous, but it wasn't really over the top last time I fired the gun without a brass catcher. Interestingly enough, I found that the gas tube is about 1/4 inch shorter than it should be---something that escaped notice for the last eight months or so.

The other gun is another story. I'm sure it's still over-gassed. Ejection seems to be about two o'clock, but sometimes a little more vigorous than that it seems.

I have the buffers for each gun stuffed with as many tungsten weights as they'll hold (five each, IIRC) but things still are not right...A2 style stocks & buffer tubes, to be clear.

So, last week I ordered a pair of adjustable gas blocks. I bought the JP clamp-on style and have installed them. I have yet to take the guns out and see about tuning things up, thinking sometime this week I can get to it.

So, since I've done nothing with them yet I'd like to know how to approach all this to resolve my problems. I could just go and adjust the gas so that ejection is a bit more gentle, but I think that may not be the optimal solution. Do I need to evaluate things further? Is there more to consider? Could my buffers be too heavy, and how would I know? I think I've got what I need to get things straightened out but I'd like to be sure I'm not overlooking something important and I'd appreciate any real expertise and good advice

TIA.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.