Thought I’d come back and update…

I had some Cabela’s points and decided I’d order a set of RCBS dues to try out. When I got them the first thing I played with was the seating die. As soon as I ran the ram once, I knew that was probably 90% of my problem. Then when I set the SWC plug in the seater die and tested that, I was good to go. See attached photo.

NEXT question, is preferred powders? I’ve pretty much just used Unique or Universal for lead bullets, and IMR 4227 for jacketed bullets in my SBH. Trying to load for my CVA Scout now. 4227 is throwing pretty consistent 3 shot groups with 2 touching and one 2” off at 75 yards. This is with 200gr and 240gr XTPs and 210 and 240gr Sierras. I have a decent stock pile of non-magnum primers, so I’d like to stay away from powder that needs that to work best. But it sounds like AA#9 might be worth looking at? Any other suggestions?? Thanks!

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." ~ Aldo Leopold