Thanks Joe. The shooter is an old buddy of mine, a really talented man…a horse whisperer, catches fish where nobody else can, does beautifully work on his rifles, patented a leather rifle sling that requires no metal. He made careful measurements of the older Savages produced back when the artisans did slim beautiful wood. When he renovates old rifles he strips the wood of all finish and retained oil, seals it, trims it to perfect proportions if necessary, then hand rubs in an oil finish, about 30 or more coats over weeks/months. When finished they look almost varnished with outstanding grain. He has done 2 for me, and old model G which he also bedded and cleaned up the mechanics, now smooth as silk, with incredibly beautiful wood. He also did the wood on a Series A saddle gun in .250 that I bought NIB and shot just a few times, never hunted it. The original wood was a sort of muddy brown with no visible grain. When he finished it was just beautiful…it now belongs to an active and valued member of this forum.

His wife Dianne is a beautiful redhead who loves and supports Dennis in every way, truly a man’s woman. God Bless ‘em both!

Endure Fortis
Marte Suo Tutus