Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by renegade50
Man...that is a great write up on your hunt.
Admire what you was doing on your ownfor sure.πŸ‘πŸ»

It suuuks you couldn't shoot that moose in that area but if it was in another with no restrictions you could have.
And with you saying you hadn't hunted the area in 14 yrs and basically no one hunting the area like you said now.
The state should have a max# harvest for a area like that then shut it down once that # is met.

A different approach instead of antler restrictions.

So I'm guessing it used to be a popular area and good #,s and good bulls got taken out of it and the antler restrictions are put in place to allow it to rebound again.

Some states have exceptions that allow older guys and kids to harvest game outside of limits that apply to other age groups.
Geuss they ain't got nothing like that up their for just the scenario you encountered with that young bull.

Question....

Could a NA up their have shot that bull in that area per NA sustenance hunting rights like they are able to on their lands.

Some key pieces were left out, unit 15 suffered from an over population of brown bears. Calf survival was non existent, a lot of 15 sits in federal park/preserve and the feds were in denial about the brown bear population. The state told them there is x amount of brown bears in unit 15. Feds were no their isn’t, well 10-11yrs ago they finally had a brown bear hunt on the federal preserve not in the park with a 10 bear quota if x amount of sows were shot the hunt would be shutdown.
First few days some bruisers were shot, anyhow this year the feds finally said they have a bear problem. On state lands it was opened to bear baiting for brown bears few yrs ago. I like to think the moose population is on the rebound and your suggestions would not work. Granted the 2 brow tine bull in the pictures needs be taking out of the gene pool. He will always be a 2 brow tine bull, chances of that bull getting to over 50 inches is slim to non.

Gotcha..
πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
Basic Pollyanna mismanagement from office cubicle .gov know it alls.

Then schit bites the hunters in the azz...

Then rose colored glasses .gov types "come up" with a halfazz,d solution kinda mirroring what should have been the solution in the 1st place.

And they present it as their original idea.
while knowing that they know that everyone knows they monkey fuuked the football to begin with.

Sounds like many TWRA decisions down here in ways...

Also if they did have an any bull registration hunt and shut it down once quota was met, would be a disaster half the state would be down on peninsula to hunt for an any-bull. People in this state will travel great distances for an easy bull moose hunt.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.