I returned from Scotland a couple of weeks ago and had great hunt and overall trip. I reached out to Mike Taylor Sporting and he hooked my wife and I up with a great outfit and we had an exceptional two days hunting the Highlands in central Scotland. I was able to get two nice animals, a sika stag and a red stag. The two days were somewhat different experiences, with definitely different weather each day. The first day was absolutely beautiful with much surprising sunny weather and very little rain. The second day I think was a little more typical of Scottish weather….lots of rain.

We were too early for the stag rut, but the sika’s were starting to rut and we were able to hear their calls, which was a very cool experience. To be honest the whole thing was a very cool experience and something I thought was never a possibility. We saw lots of red deer and only a few of the more reclusive sika, but their was no shortage of them.

If anyone has any interest in a phenomenal hunt for true free range stags in beautiful Scotland, I highly recommend you reach out to MIke. I would like to say it was a once in a lifetime experience, but I will be headed back again in a couple of years. And by the way Scotland was the most beautiful place I have ever been to.

Attached Images
IMG_2023-10-06-072721.jpeg (15.66 KB, 399 downloads)
IMG_2023-10-06-073434.jpeg (17.54 KB, 387 downloads)
IMG_2023-10-06-073028.jpeg (15.09 KB, 387 downloads)
IMG_2023-10-06-072951.jpeg (11.28 KB, 384 downloads)