I bought a stainless one several Months ago and just got around to shooting it.

I wanted to shoot 44 special in it for low recoil and low muzzle blast,
when I went tp a local Sportsmans warehouse I was wanting to buy a box of the HSM 44 Special 200 grain RNFP but all they had was a box of HSM 44 Special 240 Grain Semi-wadcutter.

I had heard that the Rossi 92 was very tempramental with the semi-wadcutter design but bought them anyway.

Mine feeds the HSM 240 Wadcutter ammo just fine as well as a 44 Magnum Dummy shell loaded with a 260 Grain LBT WFN from about 30 years ago.

The HSM is approximately 850fps when fired from a 5.5 inch barrel and loaded with Titegroup according to the company. I do not know what the velocity is from the 16 Inch barrel of my Carbine but is very mild to shoot,at least it was with the 5 rounds that I shot for function test and to have a few brass to reload a few to test.

I see the Rossi 92 44Special/44 Magnum Carbine Handloaded with Lead bullets as a relatively Inexpensive way to shoot Centerfire ammo for plinking,as a compact home defense option with softer lead bullets,or as a rather capable short range deer rifle.

And I can see it doing all that in 44 Special .
And of course in 44 Magnum if that is your pleasure.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money