Originally Posted by Salmonella
Some of you guys have seen the worst of the worst.
When I was young, my grandparents lived south of San Diego CA.
Several times I went to Tijuana Mexico...I can remember as a young boy wanting to kiss the ground when I crossed back into the USA.
We live in the best place on the planet.
What is the worst, most disgusting place you have ever been to?

Yes about that. I grew up in San Diego. Tijuana is a for sure stinkhole. In the 60's after turning 18 we'd go there on a Fri or Sat night, you could drink at age 18 and see things in the bars you couldn't see above the border. The town was pretty much wide open. Police and federales were and still are corrupt. Horrible poverty on the edges of town, people living in cardboard shacks, the smell of sewage. It was awful. Even back then there was a steady stream of migrants sneaking across the border, "wetbacks". About once a month we'd go surfing further south and pass through during the day. Some good waves but you had to be very careful down there and definitely not wind up in jail. Only good thing was the beer....back then at the distributors above Ensenada a wooden case of 24 cost $3.75 and you'd get $2.00 back on the bottles and case. Mexico is crappy sh*tty corrupt 3rd world country with awful music and culture.little to justify it's existence. Only thing good is the food, fishing and beer. It could be a decent country if it wasn't full of Mexicans.