I have a 1958 made Marlin in 35 Rem. It came to me in ridiculously nice condition and wearing a 4x Weaver straight tube scope in weaver steel strap rings. The action and trigger are butter smooth. It just oozes old school cool.

I bought a Lee clone mold, 200 gr flat point gas check. I've cast a few just to see how they weight out and measure up, but haven't shot any yet. REALLY would like to resurrect this old girl into an old classic, dependable woods rifle. 75 to 100 yard shots breaking shoulders on whitetails.

What y'all think, or better yet, know, is a good powder to start messing around with? Several recommendations would be nice, because you know, powder supplies are hit & miss these days, and expensive.

I have the latest Lyman edition dropping today infact, to replace the really old edition I think I loaned out and never got back. So I'll have good data to go by.

I'd like to use an "old school" powder too that's still available. Heck, the box of Lyman gas checks I picked up at a gun show are probably 60s or 70s vintage.

Nostalgia gives me the warm & fuzzies.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine