Well, I guess that the choice would depend a lot of where you place the emphasis in your hunting. Years ago I would have chosen a larger caliber, as most of you do, but if your emphasis is on varmints, with an occasional prairie dog trip thrown in, a 30 caliber is a bit big. On the other hand, if you want to do deer and antelope, the wonderful line of 22s we have now is a bit small, and illegal in many states. I would have to go for the 243, preferably Ackleyed. Since I was a 375 H&H fan most of my life for elk, I consider the 243 small for elk. But if I intended to only hunt them ocassionally, I know that with the right bullet and shot placement, it <B>will</B> get the job done. And I consider the 243 the ideal caliber to dependably anchor coyotes, every time, all the time. And even the 243 is a bit much to shoot 300-400 times a day on PDs, but it is the best compromise. For my hunting, there is no other good choice. Gotta go with the 243!<BR>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><I><B>Critr</B></I><BR> <A HREF="http://www.SaguaroSafaris.com" TARGET=_blank>www.SaguaroSafaris.com</A>

Critr