Didn’t know if many of you were using “over the air” TV. I’ve had problems out at the cabin, getting reception, for some time. Not that far from the transmitter (about 15 miles), but “almost” behind a hill (antenna pole gets me just above it).

Had an amplifier (Channelmaster, antenna was Channelmaster, as well), but at night, TV would start pixelating/breaking up. TV signals are supposed to actually get BETTER at night, so think the amplifier was actually amplifying too much/adding noise.

Decided to try a Televes antenna (not even a big one, just the “DiNova” model). They’re actually made in Spain.

The cool thing about them, is that the “smart” (BOSS-tech) amplifier only adds as much power (gain) as needed, rather than “over-boosting” a strong signal (most amplifiers add a certain amount of boost, whether the signal needs it or not). WAY better reception day AND night, now.

Anyway, just a suggestion, in case you’ve never heard of them, and you’re having issues like I was. A “little” expensive, but if you were to take the average China antenna, and add the $50-$80 cost of a good amplifier (which these come with), the price would be roughly the same.

https://www.televes.com/us/tv-distribution/terrestrial-antennas/intelligent-with-bosstech.html